Reactive Ion Etching Systems
Samco offers reliable and durable Reactive Ion Etching (RIE) Systems for R&D and production customers. Benchtop compact RIE etcher is a suitable tool for academic device research and die deprocessing for IC failure analysis. Open-load RIE systems and loadlock RIE systems have wide process window for plasma etching of various materials (silicon, dielectric, compound semiconductor, metal, polymer and photoresist). Cassette loading RIE systems improve process throughput for device fabrication.
Key Features and Benefits
- Highly selective anisotropic etching meets demanding process requirements
- A symmetrical evacuation design improves etching uniformity
- Fully automatic “one-button” operation with full manual override
- A computerized touch screen provides a user-friendly interface for parameter control and storage
- Automatic pressure control that allows for precise control of process pressure independent of gas flow
- Dry pump and system layout allow for ease of maintenance
- 13.56 MHz RF generator with automatic matching delivers excellent process repeatability
- With its sleek, compact design, the Samco's CCP-RIE systems requires minimal cleanroom space
Reactive Ion Etching (RIE) is a plasma etching technology to fabricate micro and nano-structures. During RIE etching processes, volatile compounds are formed in interaction of sample surfaces and high-energy ions/radicals generated by low-pressure plasma. The volatile compounds are removed from the sample surfaces, and isotropic or anisotropic profile is achieved. Various types of materials can be etched using RIE etching technology by optimization of dry etch recipe (chamber pressure, RF power, gas flow ratios).