RIE Plasma Etching System RIE-200NL
Excellent repeatability & stability
The RIE-200NL is a loadlock type reactive ion etching system that improves process repeatability and allows for corrosive gas chemistry. A fully optimized process chamber design provides excellent uniformity on ø8" wafers or ø220 mm carrier trays of smaller wafers. The system enables accurate sidewall profile control and high etch selectivity between materials. With its sleek, compact design, the RIE-200NL requires minimal cleanroom space.
Key Features and Benefits
- Processing up to ø220 mm (ø3” x 5, ø4” x 3, ø8” x 1)
- A symmetrical evacuation design improves etching uniformity
- The process chamber is isolated from the environment by a loadlock chamber, which improves process repeatability and allows for corrosive gas chemistry
- A computerized touch screen provides a user-friendly interface for parameter control and storage
- Automatic pressure control that allows for precise control of process pressure independent of gas flow
- Dry pump and system layout allow for ease of maintenance
- With its sleek, compact design, the RIE-200NL requires minimal cleanroom space
- Chlorine based etching of compound semiconductor such as GaN, GaAs, InP, etc.
- Etching of various materials such as Si, SiO2, SiN, Poly-Si, Al, Mo, Pt, Polyimide, etc.
- Selective layer etching in failure analysis